glucose + ketones test strips
Accuracy & Ease of use
for people with diabetes
figure adapted from Ref. 3
In hypoglycemia, repeatability of measurements is important because the effect of treatment may only be temporary, so blood glucose should be measured every 15 minutes 4
WIDE STRONG EASY TO HANDLE
easy to use
Test strips for self-monitoring of blood glucose and ß-Ketone with meters of the GlucoMen areo line
GlucoMen areo Sensor
GlucoMen areo ß-Ketone Sensor
Unit of measurement: mg/dL – mmol/L
Test range: 20-600 mg/dL (1.1–33.3 mmol/L)
Hematocrit range: 10-70% (compensated hematocrit)
Strips: GlucoMen areo Sensor
Sample volume: 0.5 μL
Analysis duration: 5 seconds
Test methodology: Electrochemical method based on glucose oxidase (GOD, from Aspergillus niger). Mediator: hexacyanoferrate (III) ion
Storage conditions of the strips: Temperature: 4-30°C | Relative humidity: 20-90%
Expiry of strips: 24 months for an unopened package; 12 months from opening the bottle
1. EN ISO 15197:2015 – In vitro diagnostic test systems – Requirements for blood-glucose monitoring systems for self-testing in managing diabetes mellitus.
2. Accuracy Evaluation of the GlucoMen areo blood glucose monitoring system. Schmidt Group Practice Clinic (Hsinchu, Taiwan). Study performed referring to EN ISO 15197:2015, Par.6.3, as part of the CE registration Technical File. A. Menarini Diagnostics (Florence, Italy). Data on file.
3. Breton MD, Kovatchev BP. Impact of Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring Errors on Glucose Variability, Risk for Hypoglycemia, and Average Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes: An In Silico Study. J Diabetes Sci Technol 2010; 4(3): 562-70.
4. Slama G, Traynard PY, Desplanque N, Pudar H, Dhunputh I, Letanoux M, Bornet FR, Tchobroutsky G. The search for an optimized treatment of hypoglycemia. Carbohydrates in tablets, solutin, or gel for the correction of insulin reactions. Arch Intern Med. 1990 Mar;150(3):589-93. PMID: 2310277.
5. Repeatability evaluation according to ISO15197:2013, section 6.2.3. (part of GlucoMen areo Technical File).
6. Hematocrit Compensation of the GlucoMen areo blood glucose monitoring system. Study performed referring to EN ISO 15197:2015, Par.6.3, as part of the CE registration Technical File. A. Menarini Diagnostics (Florence, Italy). Data on file.